Sunday, October 28, 2007

jetlag...

I have always struggled with jetlag. It used to really piss me off when I would travel with Sean and he'd say "I don't get jetlag" as I would be bleary-eyed and trying to run a demo on 3 hours of sleep... (looking back, I think it might have been the copious amounts of caffeine, Sean... :-)

But jetlag for a 9 month old is worse. Poor little guy has no idea where he is, and I think he's a bit puzzled why he can't get mom to play with him at 2am. Actually, last night I gave in and we did play at 2am, and took a bath, and played some more... but he'd been awake since about 11pm, so I held out for a few hours before I finally gave in. Now, it's 10am and he's still sound asleep...

Actually, I kinda hope the sleeping late lasts for a while. Hai was far too much of a morning person in Hanoi. If I could get him to sleep until 7am versus getting up at 5am, that would be pretty good... :-)

Love all,

Melissa

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Welcome Home! I can only imagine how strange it is for both you and Hai right now - lots of readjusting. I must say your early morning saga highly asmuses me - NOT your best time of day :) Can't wait to meet the little guy SOON! Love, Mom2

Anonymous said...

Welcome home, Welcome home!!! I hope your pediatrician appt goes well tomorrow! Happy Halloween to Hai!!!!!
Kate