Thursday, October 18, 2007

A couple of lazy days practicing standing up

After all the excitement of meeting his fan club on Tuesday night at the restaurant and saying good bye to Uncle Jaap, we spent the day Wednesday just hanging out at our apartment. We even made dinner that night at home which was a nice change.

Yesterday we ventured out for lunch at Bobby Chinn's - a great east meets west kind of place (ie, I had Mac and Cheese in a clay pot). I think the cacaphony of Hanoi is still a bit overwhelming for Hai and he seems to be happy when we get back to the apt.

His favorite thing to do is to play on the floor with his toys and practice standing up. He can grab onto my fingers and stand up on his own. He even takes a step with me holding him. He's not really interested in crawling unless it is to get to my finger.

Last night he got the hiccups, but he took a drink from my water glass and the concentration that took did the trick.

He's a big singer. I think he's actually going to sing his first word rather than say it. Again, he's his Grandma's boy! :-)

We're still waiting to hear from the embassy on our 2nd interview, we hope it will be early next week. I'm supposed to call the embassy today and ask for more information, but I'm trying not to be a pest.

I'll keep you all posted as I hear more.

love to all,

Melissa

No comments: