Monday, November 5, 2007

The wonders of a nanny...

Hai and I had a good weekend, but I must say I was glad when the nanny showed up this morning. I asked her to come in for a few hours a week for the next couple of months so that Hai could get used to her. It's working. Today when she came he reached for her and clearly was ready to "go to the park". The nice thing is the park is right across the street from my condo complex, so they are not far away - and he really seems to like the swings, the fall leaves that crunch and the sand. (He's definitely going to be a beach kid).

This weekend we spent a lot of time with his "Tia" Maria and his "cousin" Christina. Christina is 4 and getting used to the idea that her Tia Melissa has a baby. He's pretty fun until he takes time from her is basically how it goes... But she's a great little helper and we had a fun weekend. We went to Stanford shopping mall where Hai saw more dogs than he's probably ever seen in his life and yesterday we braved "Babys R Us", it was actually less painful than I thought.

Now I'm headed to a yoga class to work out the kinks from carrying Hai in the Baby Bjorn and pushing the stroller all weekend... I may just end up in the jacuzzi at the gym, but the intention is there...

And yes, I know I need to take some more pictures, it's on my "to do" list. I can't wait for Grandma and Grandpa to get here, we might actually get some real photos taken!

Hope you all are well!

Melissa

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

LOVE these updates and looking forward to more pics BUT when can we see Hai in person!!!
Love, Mom2

Unknown said...

Mel - I haven't had a chance to say "congrats!" yet, so here I am. Abby forwarded me some of your photos, and you're clearly a natural at this mommy thing. Hai is adorable!

Best,
Barbara

Anonymous said...

Melissa, I can't wait to see you and Hai in person!!!!! I want to be able to hold him too! I love reading your blog and hearing how you two are adjusting! Hope to see you soon!
Barb :)

Karl and Lila Liebat said...

finally getting read up on your updates. can't wait to meet him. back from africa with jetlag and a cold. fortunately i missed stool sample collection process!

Anonymous said...

The blog is terrific, and it'so wonderful to hear about your adventures into the land of parenting. It's the scariest thing in the world, no doubt! Your stories also bring back so many memories of when my Jaxn was Hai's age. You have quite a knack as a blogger. Looking forward to more posts and to actually seeing you both in person very soon.