Friday, November 23, 2007

Things I'm thankful for this year....(in no particular order)

  • The family leave act
  • Friends that cook, very well, and share their gift
  • Friends that order take out, very well, and share their gift
  • Friends that don't mind a lot of banging on the high chair during thanksgiving dinner
  • The distance between my house and Maria's is only a 10 minute drive (makes a big difference after dark when Hai is howling in the back seat....)
  • The bouncy chair and the friends that gave it to me (thanks to you, I shower regularly)
  • Screw tops
  • waterproof mattress pads
  • Christina, Cristian and Jake, Hai's new friends and their patience with a little "brother"
  • NAPS
  • balls that rattle and make a really good noise on the hardwood floor
  • hand-me-downs
  • Friends that don't mind visiting me after dark (so we don't have to get in the car/car seat)
  • wash and wear
  • Baby Einstein and The Wiggles (so far)
  • Our adoption agencies
  • The dishwasher
  • Peet's coffee
  • Maria, Jaap and Josie and the time they took from their lives to go with us to Vietnam
  • safeway.com
  • Kate, for taking care of business while I'm gone
  • My parents, and the fact that they are coming here next week and we will celebrate Thanksgiving again!

  • And of course... everyone that has been so incredibly supportive of me and of Hai this past year. Work friends, family and extended family - we love you!

I hope everyone has something very special to be thankful for this year, I know I do.

With love and gratitude,

Melissa

No comments: