Friday, November 9, 2007

The definition of accomplishment...

It's Friday night, almost 8pm, and I'm in front of the computer in my pajamas...
Hai is asleep in the next room. He's had a bath and been fed. I never thought feeding and bathing a child would feel like such an accomplishment.

It's been quite a week, or at least it's felt that way. Come to think of it, we really didn't do that much. I mean, Hai got his first trip to Safeway in this week, and we ventured to Maria's house for dinner one night, but beyond that... it's amazing how little things can feel like big accomplishments... comforting, actually.

I did actually get to a yoga class twice this week. That's more yoga than I've done in a couple of years, so that's something. Oh, and thanks to Maria's prodding I got a massage today and a manicure/pedicure (ref: "the wonders of a nanny" post from Monday). And I ordered thank you cards... you all will be getting one before the end of the year, I hope.

And what else, ooooohhhh... we finally assembled the "exersaucer". Good God, that damn thing was clearly made by some angry mechanical engineer that got turned down for an astronaut job because he was too unstable. How many screws and springs does a children's toy really need anyway?? And TRIPLE A batteries? 9 of them??? Who has 9 Triple A batteries laying around? (An experienced parent, clearly). I can see how some children have been injured because their parents gave up half way through the assembly process at midnight only to find their maimed child laying helpless in the half-built saucer in the wee hours of the morning as they went to make their coffee...

But... Hai really digs it, so I guess that's all that matters...

Love all,

Melissa

No comments: