Thursday, November 1, 2007

Good vibrations...

We've had a lot of excitement in the past 24 hours. First there was the earthquake on Tuesday night. Luckily, Hai was in his bouncy chair with the vibrate on because I was eating dinner with Uncle Jaap. We just picked up the boy, chair and all, and stood under the door jam. At one point, Jaap, who was holding the chair said "I think it's still shaking"... I laughed and said "I think that's the chair!!".

I don't think Hai ever knew what happened, he thought the whole thing was some kind of weird game we were playing...

Yesterday we put on our "little devil" shirt and went to the doctor for the first time. I'm convinced now that a pediatrician's job is to make sure that the mother is not killing the kid - not really to make sure the kid is healthy :-)

The good news is, Hai seems to be a happy, healthly little boy. He got 3 shots and has to go back for more in a month, but he's a pretty tough kid and didn't cry too much. Then we had to go to the lab for them to take blood and test for all kinds of things. The poor little guy, they took 5 vials of blood from him!! He was a trooper, but the whole staff of the laboratory watched as he cried. As soon as they took the needle out and I could hold him by myself he was fine again.

But I think the worst part for mom at least was getting the "stool samples" for the lab. Those of you that are parents, hope that you never have to have your kid checked for parasites... ick, is all I'm gonna say.

He's had a little fever thanks to the shots, but the good news is that it's put him on a little bit more normal schedule, he was asleep last night by 11pm and up today a 7:30am, and he's napping now. Maybe the worst of the jetlag is over? :-)

Hope you all had a happy Halloween!

Melissa

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Poor Hai! Bas****s stealing his blood! And never mind what you had to go through, Mommy. (Oi! I'll take a husband any day over stool samples!)
So glad to hear you two are so happy. Buk Murf and me can't wait to meet that handsome little man of yours.
Keep on keepin' him healthy! The pain is rotten, but thank God he has you!!!
BIG LOVE,
Xi Nay