Wednesday, January 2, 2008

Resolutions

Hai and I had a great New Year's. We went to see Mark and Lisa and Cristian for New Year's eve with Jaap. Hai and Cristian are great friends and Hai loves chasing Cristian around the house (I think Cristian likes it too...not to mention Jaap)

Jaap got to witness the carseat trauma first hand when we drove home, however. I broke the cardinal rule: "Never wake a sleeping baby". Hai fell asleep on my lap around 9pm and at about 9:30 we decided it was time to get him home to bed. Well, waking him up to put him the carseat he already hates so Mommy can drive home was not a pleasant experience for any of us... But we all survived fine and he seems no worse for the wear.

To make up for it, New Year's Day was "all Hai, all the time". We went to shoreline and took a stroller walk, and then to the park. It was a beautiful day and a great way for he and I to start our 2008 together.

So, on to resolutions... usually I have some good new year's resolutions, this year I've got a few:

1. By next Thursday when I go back to work, figure out how to get up and get ready (ie out of my pajamas) before 10am (I did not master this today).
2. Sleep in my own bed, alone before the end of 2008 (or not alone, but with an adult... or not just an adult, but an adult "male"... wait... this is becoming a different resolution...).
3. Get Hai sleeping in the crib all night before the end of 2008 (see #2 above).
4. Keep the 10lbs I've lost off when I go back to work so I can keep wearing my favorite Lucky jeans.
5. Give Hai his best year yet!

Happy New Year, everyone.

Melissa

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Happy New Year Melissa and Hai!
I'm back in Santa Clara on 1/14, I'll come by and see you then!
Barb