Monday, March 10, 2008

14 months old, 5 months together

Well, last week Hai became 14 months old on March 5 (give or take a couple of weeks). We celebrated by applying for his passport and a new certificate of citizenship with his legal name on both. I figure the passport is more important than the social security number at this point... seeing as I'll probably file an extension for my taxes this year :-)

And as of March 8, Hai and I have been together for 5 months. It feels like forever to me - like we've always been a family. We celebrated that landmark by Hai giving Mom his cold. He gets the sniffles and I end up feeling icky - I guess we have many more years of this!!

Jaap is feeling better, thank goodness. He was very sick and Hai and I selfishly missed him coming over and entertaining us. We got to see him on Saturday and Sunday this weekend and spent a couple of gorgeous days outside.

Finally, I'm so glad for this time change. I think from now on I'm going to celebrate the time change every year, I think it's my favorite day of the year. I love it when the days get longer and there's more light in the evening. It reminds me of playing outside until the last shafts of light faded when I was a kid in the summers.

Hope everyone is enjoying their longer evenings!

Love all,

Melissa & Hai

No comments: