Thursday, November 13, 2008

Little stinker...

Last night Hai tried the patience of his Tia ... I had a work dinner so I asked Hai's "tia/auntie" if she would watch Hai until about 10pm. Of course she said ok.

She asked me, "so, how do you put him to sleep".

My answer: "oh, he's pretty good about it, I just give him some milk (or not, even), brush his teeth and put him in the bed, read a book and then let him roll around awhile until he goes to sleep (yes, I stay with him until he's asleep). You should be able to put him in bed with your daughter and they should both be asleep by 9."

Yeah, right...

I got to her house at 10:15 and there was Hai, smiling and running to me saying "mommy!! mommy!" His Tia did not look so happy... she was ready to throttle him. I guess he kept the whole house awake for awhile.

Of course, when we got home he was asleep in his bed in 5min.

I've created a monster...I wonder if I'm ever going to be able to leave this kid with someone else at night. Hopefully before he's a teenager...

love all,

Melissa & Hai

2 comments:

Christopher said...

From the perspective of a parent that has a 12 year old..............Good Luck.

Anonymous said...

Maria Olson Kilgore wrote
at 1:28pm
Yes Hai was relentless last night. Everything was going smoothly we read books (even a Dora one--which Hai liked) Then it was lights off. Things seemed OK some tumbling and turning and laying flat across Christina's chest, but that was it. I thought OK this is great, but then Hai started to cry loudly. I quickly resorted to cow's mill. Hai doesn't like cows milk. At least he didn’t last night. Lesson 1: make sure you are stocked with soy milk (vanilla flavored.) After trying to get Hai to sleep in 3 different beds (and yes I did lie down with him.) I gave up. Yes I admit I GAVE UP! Hai clearly wasn't interested in going to sleep, but I was since I had a 6:00 a..m meeting the next day to contend with. Well it brought back memories is all I can say. Hai's new nickname is little stinker now. So if any of you brave souls think you can handle 2 little stinkers and get them down I welcome the help and advise.