Wednesday, October 8, 2008

Happy Anniversary!!



One year ago today Maria and I nervously walked out to the lobby of the Somerset Grand Hotel in Hanoi, boarded an incredibly crowded van full of other nervous parents, rode 4 hours through the mountains of Vietnam, avoiding water buffalo and water hazards (3 ft of water covering the road), walked up the road to the "Tuyen Quang Social Sponsorship Center", drank a huge bottle of water, and then entered a room full of children and was handed my son. I remember the feeling of driving up the orphanage and how quiet everyone got in the van. I think we were all completely unaware of how our lives were going to change in the next 15min.
If Hai remembers anything of that day it will probably be that his new mom put him in a sweater that his Grandma had sent us. It was adorable, and had his name embroidered in a star on the front. Only problem was it was 95 degrees and 95 percent humidity in Tuyen Quang that day... I've been over dressing Hai ever since.
The past year has gone by so quickly and yet so much has changed in my life. I honestly don't remember much of what my life was like before Hai. He's become so much of my world, and I suppose I've become most of his.
So, happy anniversary of the day I officially "got Hai". You are the best decision I ever made, and likely will ever make. I love you!!
Mommy

2 comments:

Christopher said...

How quickly time flies! Oh, while it is far from done and may not happen, we might have a new 5 year old girl with us come Jan 1. Fingers crossed!

Bryce said...

Congratulations to you both! Doesn't time just fly - and now our boys are so big and running around....

Love,
Susan and Bryce!